We may need to communicate your personal information to other individuals or organisations. For example:
- medical experts for the purpose of obtaining medical reports or acting as expert witnesses;
- car rental companies for the purpose of obtaining a replacement car;
- insurance underwriters for the purpose of assessing and validating your claim or to enable them to provide cover under an insurance policy such as legal expenses insurers;
- insurance companies/brokers/third party introducers who referred your claim to us for the purpose of complying with our contractual obligations regarding details of the claim we process;
- credit hire companies you may have contracted with and for whom you are obliged to recover the credit hire charges;
- any employer who has paid sick pay which is to be recovered as part of your personal injury claim; and/or
- other members of the Barbara J. May for legal advice and/or specialist services necessary to facilitate the pursuit of your claim.
In dealing with your claim, we may also transfer your information to third parties providing us with support and administrative services for the more efficient processing of your claim and/or the legitimate business purposes associated with the operating of a law firm. Your details will be processed in each case in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party has sound security measures.
I after providing us with your personal information it becomes apparent we are unable to offer our service to you, we may, once we have your consent, pass your details to another company in order that they may attempt to secure legal representation for you.
We will not sell your information to a third party, except in the unlikely event that we sell our business, or a part of it; in which case we may sell your information as part of the sale to allow the purchaser to carry on providing some or all of our services to you.